Homeowners, Time To Get Ready For The Long, Hot Summer
American Home Shield Offers Tips To Help Keep Homeowners Cool This Summer
Spring officially here and summertime just around the corner. American Home Shield wants to remind homeowners that now is the ideal time to get air conditioning units checked and address any potential issues.
Homeowners, and especially first-time homeowners, may be unaware of what’s necessary to properly maintain an air conditioning system. They potentially face a big disappointment when the first warm day arrives and their air conditioner fails to cool their home.
“An air conditioner is like any other machine; it requires some basic maintenance to keep it functioning properly,” said Nicole Ritchie of American Home Shield. “Unfortunately, many people don’t think about their air conditioner until that first hot day.”
Helping homeowners be more prepared is important to American Home Shield, one of the nation’s leading providers of home warranty services. To help homeowners get ready for the long, hot summer, AHS offers the following common sense tips to help you maintain your air conditioning unit and ensure it’s ready to cool when temperatures are on the rise:
- Homeowners should have their air conditioning system professionally cleaned and inspected at least a month before the cooling season begins.
- Trim shrubs and plants near the condensing unit to ensure proper air flow and circulation.
- To ensure efficient operation, check the system’s air filters monthly and clean or change them as needed.
- It’s a good idea to check out the manufacturer’s maintenance recommendations for your specific unit. This information is typically available online and in your owner’s guide.
- Have a test run. Don’t wait until it’s hot outside to test the air conditioning unit. Turn it on in the spring and let it run for at least a half-hour, to listen for any unusual noises and make sure it is cooling properly.
About American Home Shield
American Home Shield helped found the home warranty industry in 1971 and remains an industry leader in home service plans, servicing 1.3 million customers across 49 states. The Memphis-based company operates three customer service centers, employs over 1,800 employees and over 11,000 approved, independently insured service contractors nationwide. AHS customers have total accessibility to request service 24 hours a day, seven days a week, and AHS will arrange for the service contractor to call you during normal business hours to schedule an appointment. American Home Shield is part of the ServiceMaster family of brands, one of the world’s largest and most versatile service networks. The company’s brands include TruGreen, TruGreen LandCare, Terminix, American Home Shield, ServiceMaster Clean, Merry Maids, Furniture Medic, and AmeriSpec.
ServiceMaster currently serves residential and commercial customers through a network of more than 5,500 company-owned locations and franchised licenses. The company’s brands include TruGreen, TruGreen LandCare, Terminix, American Home Shield, ServiceMaster Clean, Merry Maids, Furniture Medic, and AmeriSpec. The core services of the company include lawn care and landscape maintenance, termite and pest control, home warranties, cleaning and disaster restoration, house cleaning, furniture repair and home inspection.